Lolotte Rental and Tours Ltd (LRT) is a local tour operator that joined forces with WHL.travel in order to reach more travellers interested in the nature sights of Mauritius and Rodrigues Islands and to provide genuine eco tourism and related services.
The company has realised that there is a trend for modern tourists to gravitate towards wellness, culture and adventure. LRT aims to ensure visitors understand that the term “sustainable” does not only embrace nature, but also the cultural environment of tourism and the protection thereof.
A respect for nature and caring for the destination is the firm ethos of the company.
We want our travellers to truly experience the real Mauritius and will go out of our way to achieve that. We are only happy after we have made you experience Mauritius through all your senses!
Alongside educating tourists, LRT create a win/win situation by educating the native islanders about sustainability at the same time.
LRT have personally met and befriended the nature-conscious owners of numerous accommodations among them some well known and selected guest houses that aim to foster eco, adventure and nature tourism.
ABOUT THE HOTEL
The Mourouk Ebony Hotel is owned by a typical Rodriguan family who are proud to offer their guests warm and genuine island hospitality with high standards of service and food in a beautiful and original Rodrigues Island-environment.
Mourouk Ebony Hotel Caring for the destination
The Mourouk Ebony Hotel endorses responsible business practices by fostering sustainable tourism and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Most of the spices and vegetables used in the kitchen are cultivated in the garden; untreated by chemical products and therefore fresh from nature and of bio-quality.
- The seafood is caught fresh from the lagoon and a ‘catch of the day’ is offered everyday.
- For music shows, Mourouk Ebony is happy to feature local talent from the neighbouring villages.
- Mourouk Ebony Hotel aim to conserve water and have implemented measures accordingly.
- Mourouk Ebony Hotel provides employment for people from the island not only in the hotel, but also by offering locally made souvenirs in their gift shop.